- Located beneath the hills of Rabaul that surround Simpson Harbour, the Rabaul Hotel has been hosting visitors to the area since 1952. Formerly known as The Ascot, it was renamed the Hamamas (happy in Pidgin English) in the 1970s.
- After being severely damaged by fire in 1984 the hotel was rebuilt by the McGrade family in partnership with Sir Julius Chan, then Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea. In 2005, the Hotel returned to it's birthright and renamed the Rabaul Hotel for posterity. The Rabaul Hotel is now fully owned and operated by Susie (McGrade) Alexander.
The Rabaul Hotel is situated 45 minutes from the Tokua Airport in Kokopo. Featuring 34 hotel rooms and catering for all budgets, the hotel's atmosphere reflects a blend of Rabaul culture (the Tolai people), and its more recent Chinese and Australian influences. Rabaul Hotel is perfectly situated for visitors wanting to discover the many unique experiences Rabaul has to offer.
The Hotel is within walking distance to the markets, historical sites, and is just 20 metres from the bus stop providing direct access to the surrounding attractions. Catering for business travellers or visitors with a special interest in war history, volcanoes, indigenous culture, the islands, diving, fishing, trekking or golf, Rabaul Hotel is the perfect base to discover a town shaped by an amazing and dramatic natural and social history.
- The Rabaul Hotel offers a variety of adventures and tours to make
your stay at rabaul exciting!. Our local tours include:
- Exploring Japanese Caves
- Volcano Tours
- Local Village Tours
- Scuba Diving and Snorkeling
- Simpson Harbour Tours
- BROWSE OUR CURRENT TOURS
- All rooms are tastefully furnished with a cool tropical decor and include the following facilities:
- Air conditioning
- Cable TV and in-house movies
- Tea and Coffee making facilities
- En-suite bathrooms
- Room Service
⇑ top of page ⇑
- The Rabaul Hotel has an extensive array of facilities:
- Rabaul Hotel Rent-a-Car
- 25 metre crystal clear swimming pool
- The Phoenix Room - International Restaurant speciaising in Asian fusion cuisine
- Guest Lounge bar
- Billiard table
- Friday & Saturdy Night Disco
- Full Conference facilities able to seat 100 people in air conditioned comfort with overhead projector, sound and lighting, whiteboard and computer aided video.
- The Rabaul Hotel offers a wide variety of services:
- Airport Transfers
- Laundry Facilities
- Mail, Fax, IDD Telephone, Photocopying, Email
- Secretarial Services
- Late check out on request
- VIP meet and greet is available at the Tokua Airport, please contact Hotel Reception for details.
- For airport transfers, car hire, chauffeur drives, tours or assitance on arrival at Tokua Airport, please vitis our staff at our airport booth.
- Accommodation tariffs (Valid to 31 December 2011) These are rack rates per night, please contact Reservations for our NETT and GROUP rates. All tariffs are subject to 10% Value Added Tax. Note: Tariffs are subject to change, to avoid disappointment please confirm current rates with Reservations.
- Rates are subject to currency fluctuations and management reserves the right to withdraw rates at any time. Credit card details or a deposit to the value of 50% of the booking is required to secure the reservation. Any cancellations less than seven days out will incur a cancellation fee to the value of 50% of the booking. Any cancellation less than 24 hours out requires full payment. Cash only is accepted for backpacker room bookings. Automatic upgrade subject to availability.
⇑ top of page ⇑
- Tel: (675) 982 1999 / 982 1962 / 982 1969 / 982 1998 / 982 1994
- Fax: (675) 982 1970 / 982 1870
- Tokua Airport Tel / Fax: (675) 983 9328